Monday, August 20, 2007

Thanks for stopping by Michigan Fiber Festival Weekend




Thanks everyone for stopping by! I really enjoyed getting to meet all of you. And I was really surprised by the number of you that returned from last year. Also, to the ladies who drove all the way from Canada "Just to see me...", Thanks! I guess Fiber Fest was just a coincidence...LOL!


For those of you who don't know I open my studio during the week of the Michigan Fiber Festival. It's not exactly the Hilton around here but I'm finally getting to the finishing touches in the studio. A few of you noticed the kiln is still sitting in the same place. I promise by next year I'll at least move it to the wall where the plug is.


I had the opportunity to go to the Fiber Festival on Sunday and came home over 10 pounds heavier. I have an addiction to color. I just can't help myself! I really wanted to post some pictures of some of the roving I purchased but I'll have to wait until we get a nice day outside. The pictures just didn't do the roving justice when I took them inside.


I really got a lot accomplished hanging out in the studio Wed.-Sat. I came up with a few more color combos for my custom blended roving. They were a pretty big hit. Here's a few photo's of the newbies.....

COWGIRL CHIC 100% MERINO
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




COWBOY COOL 100% MERINO
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



and PUMPKIN CAPPUCCINO 75% MERINO 25% COLONIAL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I have been trying to get some new stuff lined up for the upcoming holiday season. I'm really working on lots of hand dyes. I have quite a bit of handspun yarn done and I hope to start getting it listed on eBay and Etsy soon.


I guess that's it for now. I just wanted to thank everyone for stopping by to say hello! I love getting to put faces with the names.

Take Care and Stop By Again,

Coby

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CJ Kopec Creations said...

I removed comments that were supposed to be for another blog.

Rach said...

the Pumpkin Cappuccino is SOOOOO GORGEOUS!

Lori said...

I'm so glad to see you online with a blog - makes it easier to find all those luscious rovings you tempt us with.

Not only beautiful to the eye, they spin like a dream and are silky soft.

Thank you!!!

Lori
Claydancer Studio

Monika said...

I received my package with Pupkin Cappucchino fiber yesterday. I LOVE it! Thanks. ;o)

Unknown said...

I also just recieved your Pumpkin cappucchino fiber and OMG, I love it! It's beautiful and I'm sure I will be back again and again for more.
Thanks!